Flash (ActionScript 3 & ActionScript 2)
– A collection of games that replicate three classics for the NES Zapper. Written in AS2 using Flash. (Everything: Matt Parker)
– A Flappy Bird clone written for a ‘Making Games With Flash’ unit that Matt delivers. Written in AS3 using Flash and FlashDevelop (Everything: Matt Parker)
– ‘inspired’ by both Doodle Jump and Winterbells, this is another game that Matt made so he could use it in his lessons. Written in AS3 using Flash and FlashDevelop. (Everything: Matt Parker)
– After watching Martin Jonasson and Petri Purho’s talk on making a game ‘juicy’, Matt decided to make a game as juicy and as quickly as he could. It’s recommend you check out the video too. Written in AS3 using FlashDevelop. (Everything but the music: Matt Parker – Music: Bignic)
– A piece of freelance work that Matt was commissioned to do. Working with the client Matt was able to deliver a game that replicates how passing instructions through code works. Choose your avatar and input some simple commands to make you way through the maze. Everything’s written in AS3 using Flash except for the level files which were stored in XML files. These were created using the Ogmo level editor. (Graphics: Client Provided – Coding: Matt Parker)
Source Files Not Available (now client owned)
C# / Unity
– A Breakout style game made using Microsoft’s XNA framework. Written in C#, using XNA and Ogmo was used to create XML files which were used for level creation. (Everything: Matt Parker)
Sadly, all source code of the game was lost due to a faulty HDD. Video of the game running on the Xbox 360 is available here.
Swipe Diver (UNRELEASED)
A game that I created using Unity. This will likely never be officially released as the project kind of ran out of steam. (Coding: Matt Parker, Design and Visuals: Evan Poirier)
Android and iOS Apps
Henry Burgers Flip
If you want me to work on a game with you, just ask. You can also visit the website for my new ‘studio’ that I just set-up. You’ll be able to see some of the games that I’ve launched here.